Ma Man Kei and Lo Pak Sam College Kitchen Rules
Using the MLC Student Kitchen is privilege. The kitchen has recently been renovated and many new updates have been added for you to use. We expect that you will take proper care of our new shared space. This means that you will follow the ground rules and protocols:
- The college kitchen only provides space, users are required to use the online booking system and obtained College’s approval 48 before the booking time. Please show the electronic confirmation letter to the security and leave your Student ID card/ ID card and College Room Keys as deposit to complete the registration. Student ID/ ID card and Room Keys can be returned after checking by the security guards or college staff.
- In order to create a Fair Use Policy for everyone, at least three users are required in the online booking form and each booking should not exceed more than three hours. Students from other colleges is allowed to use the kitchen with the company of MLC students and more than half of the users should be from MLC e.g 5 MLC students and 4 students from other colleges.
- If the registered user cause damage to any equipment and/or facility in the kitchen by improper method of use, the user will be liable to pay for the damage and repairing fee.
- If the registered users wish to use the electrical appliances (blenders, chefs mixer, etc.), please indicate on the application form and obtain a written permission from college before using it.
- When finish using the kitchen, please clean and restore the kitchen to the original state, wash, dry and put everything back where you found them, wipe the surfaces of the table, stove and oven with cleaning solution. Those who leave the kitchen in a dirty state will be submitted to the disciplinary committee of students and prohibited from using the kitchen for 3 months.
- Please protect and take good care of the kitchen tables, chairs and other facilities, do not take away any kitchen utensils and maintain the kitchen and site clean and remove any garbage before you leave.
Student Kitchen Do’s and Don’ts
- Clean up after yourself and follow and complete the MLC Kitchen check in and check out checklist.
- Don’t place any hot pans directly on the tabletop or counters. You will damage these surfaces if you do. Use a coaster.
- If you have any doubts on how to use of any utensils and electrical appliances in the kitchen, please consult the college staff before using them.
- Please wear suitable clothing while cooking and open toed shoes/slippers are prohibited in the kitchen for safety reasons.
- Please do not cut anything directly from the kitchen worktop with knives or any hard/sharp tools, please use a chopping board.
- When you are using the kitchen, please follow all of the posted rules. Before you leave, make sure you have completed all of the tasks on the posted checklist
You will be held accountable for the mess that you make and will be required to come back and clean it. You will not be allowed to use the kitchen again if you fail to clean up.
- In the event of a fire or medical emergency, get help from MLC security.
- Open the windows when using the stovetop and oven and do not leave the stovetop unattended.
- Turn off the oven, stovetop, and lights before leaving the Kitchen.
- Fire extinguisher located by the entrance underneath the light switches.
- First Aid kit is located in the MLC security counter.
Ma Man Kei and Lo Pak Sam College